SpaceX and NASA have confirmed that an “anomaly” occurred yesterday during a static fire test of the SuperDraco engines on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft. The Crew Dragon spacecraft has eight SuperDraco engines that are used for its abort system in case of an emergency during launch or ascent to orbit. SpaceX is readying for an in-flight abort test as part of its preparations for commercial crew flights to the International Space Station (ISS).
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the week of April 21-27, 2019 and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess this week, except for pro forma sessions. They return for legislative business next week.
Margaret Kivelson is the new chair of the Space Studies Board (SSB) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. She succeeds Fiona Harrison who stepped down in order to co-chair the ongoing Decadal Survey on Astronomy and Astrophysics. Harrison was the first woman to chair SSB in its 61-year history. Now Kivelson is the second.
NASA released crew assignments for the International Space Station (ISS) through spring 2020 today. Notable by their absence are flights by the two U.S. commercial crew companies, SpaceX and Boeing. NASA had hoped that U.S. launches of ISS crews would begin this year. Instead, U.S. crew members will be staying for longer periods of time, including what will be a record-breaking mission by Christina Koch. She will remain for almost 11 months, returning in February 2020 instead of this fall.
The Science and Technology Policy Institute’s (STPI’s) independent analysis of the possibility of sending humans to Mars in 2033 concludes that it is “infeasible under all budget scenarios and technology development and testing schedules.” It might be possible for such a mission to depart Earth in 2037, but 2039 is more realistic, the report says. “Mars 2033” became a rallying cry for some human spaceflight enthusiasts during the Obama Administration and although NASA’s plans have changed quite a bit since then, a sizable Mars-or-bust community remains.
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|Moler Formas:||Lijado Brillante|
|Marca:||Schmuck-Krone - Diamantschmuck||Color del diamante:||F-G : TW (Top Wesselton) - Fino Blanco|
|Metal Principal:||Oro Blanco, 18 Quilates||Color de la piedra principal:||Blanco|
|Peso del diamante en Quilates:||0.3700||Pureza del metal:||SI|
|Fabricación:||Naturales||Color De Diamante:||G|
|Piedra principal y Perlas:||Diamante||Estilo:||Anillos|
|País/Región de fabricación:||Alemania||Metal:||Oro blanco|
Here are SpacePolicyOnline.com’s tidbits for April 15, 2019: Beresheet 2 already in the works; Falcon Heavy core stage tips over; Apollo 11’s Mike Collins wants “JFK Direct” to Mars; Skylab and shuttle astronaut Owen Garriott passes away. Be sure to check our website for feature stories and follow us on Twitter (@SpcPlcyOnline) for more news and live tweeting of events.
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the next TWO weeks, April 14-27, 2019, and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess until April 29, except for pro forma sessions.
Almost two dozen members of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) quizzed four top military and civilian Pentagon leaders for more than two hours today about why a Space Force is needed and how much it will cost. In the end, there was no consensus from either Republicans or Democrats. Most seem to remain unconvinced that it will add value instead of just more bureaucracy, but are open to further discussions.
The Israeli Beresheet lunar lander failed to make a soft landing on the Moon today, but the effort, led by Israeli non-profit SpaceIL, is being widely hailed nonetheless. Although it did not win the $20 million Google Lunar X-Prize, the X-Prize Foundation decided to award the SpaceIL team $1 million anyway in recognition of reaching lunar orbit. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine and Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin were among those praising SpaceIL and encouraging them to keep trying.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said today that NASA is dividing its human lunar exploration program into two phases. Phase 1, to be completed by 2024 as directed by the White House, will focus on getting astronauts to the lunar surface fast. Phase 2, by 2028, will focus on making the program sustainable. The plan itself remains the same as before, but the Administration will request funding to accelerate it by 4 years.
- 1.52Ct Diamond Eye of Horus Eagle Ankh Cross Pendant Charm 14K White gold Finish
- 10k Yellow gold Mystic Topaz Ring Size 7
- 10k Yellow gold Round Diamond Solitaire Illusion-set Stud Earrings 1 10 Cttw
- 14K Tri color gold Small Boy with Hat on Left Engravable Charm Pendant MSRP 444
- 14k Yellow gold crucifix solid gold , Religio
- 14KT. white gold cluster ring heart shape with 0.63CT.Total Weight.size 6.5
- 3.35Ct Oval Cut bluee Sapphire Diamond Halo Engagement Ring 14K White gold Finish
- A1499-585er W-redgold 2erring Ringgroße 60 Kopfbreite 5 mm Gewicht 2,5 Gramm
- CHRISTMAS 1 1 4 CT ENHANCED DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RING ROUND F SI 14K WHITE gold
- Genuine 3ctw Round Cut Diamond Bridal Composite Halo Engagement Ring 10K gold
- Holiday Sale 10K White gold Over 0.07Ct Diamond Micro Pave Stud Earrings
- NATURAL WHITE DIAMOND .10 CT GENTS RING IN 14K WHITE gold DAD RING GIFT FOR DAD
- Seashell and Fish Charm Bracelet in 14k White gold
- V SHAPE WOMEN REAL SI1 1 CARATS DIAMOND RING ROUND CUT 18K WHITE gold SMOOTH
- 0.50 Ct Dancing Diamond Earrings Solitaire Drop Dangle Floral 14k White gold
- 1 4 CT. Diamond Cluster Three Stone Promise Ring 10K White gold
- 14K gold Pendant - 'Inri' Crucifix Jesus - Solid Finish 14K gold
- 14K Yellow gold Diamond Earrings Micro Pave White Diamond Studs .45ct Big Look
- 18ct White gold .25 Diamond Ring Size N
- 6 Ct ROUND goldEN Genuine Moissanite 10K WHITE gold HALO DANGALE EARRINGS
- Antique Victorian Diamond and Pearl Crescent and Star 15ct 15K gold Brooch Pin
- Certified Antique Art Deco 1.20Ct White Vintage Bridal Retro Ring 14K White gold
- EL Y ELLA 5 7mm Titanio Diamante blue o black Acanalado Incrustación Compromiso
- gold 18k 750 1000 white cubic zirconia woman ring